Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) refers to a business practice that involves participating in initiatives that benefit society. CSR is a company’s sense of responsibility towards the community and environment (both ecological and social) in which it operates. Conlog exercises CSR by contributing to educational development and social programs.We are proud to invest in grass root programs that make a difference to the lives of our society. Social upliftment and social development for sustainability are key pillars that Conlog focuses on, that show that We Care.
Ukukhanya kwe Africa Primary School in Molweni
BNZ Foundation with First Lady Bongi Ngema Zuma
- Access to education and skills development
- 20 computers were donated to the children
- School has about 910 learners
- R10 000.00 was donated to help the school children
Dakota Informal Settlement
67 Minutes: Mandela Day Dedication
- 30 homes destroyed by fire, 7 year old lost his life
- Conlog donated food, blankets and clothing to aid the community
- Establishment of a crèche, a safe place for children for early development.
- Conlog donated two 12 meter long containers with aluminum windows and two doors with a steel farmed roof.
- Furthermore Conlog employees donated toys and books to the new crèche.
ProjectAccess to Energy
- Solar light installation to the communityof KwaBhekelani ward 5 in Mbabazane
- We donated 74 Indiya & Mobiya lights. Conlog is making an effort in changing people’s lives in every way possible.
- The community began to breath air of relief and happiness, because they will never buy candles again instead solar lights will help not only to light the house, and will assist in charging their phones as well.
Connected Community Issue 1
Children’s Place of Safety, uMhlathuze, KwaZulu-Natal
- “Team Conlog” refurbished the dining hall and playground area of this organisation, which cares for children, from newly born to 18 years of age.
- The dining hall required much attention. The Team painted the walls in bright colors, fitting new light bulbs, fixing the doors and adding curtains to make it more cozy.
- Conlog employees also donated toiletries, coloring books, stationery and toys.
- We felt privileged to spoil all 54 children who reside in the home.
Access to Education, Nethezeka Creche, Ladysmith
- Conlog provided sound infrastructural facilities for Early Childhood Development .
- We converted and customised two12m containers to a classroom and two 6m for a kitchen and toilet .
- Focus points:
- Development of a child from early childhood
- ECD facilities that keep children healthy and safety
- Readiness for school and improved learning
- Increased contribution to sustainable development in ECD sector and
- Educational Sector