Enhanced security and protection is assured with the BEC 42 range of prepayment meters. In addition to galvanic isolation and enhanced tamper protection, the meter is a split configuration; meaning the metering device is installed outside the premises, for example, in a kiosk or pole top box, whilst the user interface keypad is installed in the consumer’s home. This ensures easy access to the metering device for the utility, whilst privacy and convenience is assured for the consumers – ideal for the retrofit market.
• Thermal shutdown protection
• Reverse energy measurement and disconnection
• Enhanced tamper detection
• Programmable current and power thresholds
• Optional audible feedback
• Comprehensive consumer consumption data
• Delayed reconnection